Sunday, November 2, 2008

Six Random Things...

me in "Claude"  our 1985 Peugeot Stationwagon


Recently I was tagged by Loulou at Chez Loulou
I love her blog, she has great information about many different cheeses, excellent recipes and beautiful pictures.  She's not too far from me, hopefully we can meet one day.  

First, the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
 
6 random things about me.

1.  I cut off part of my right pinkie when I was about 3.  Well, I didn't cut it off, my older sister did. My  hand was in the door jam of the bedroom my other sister (Anne) and I shared and she went in the room and slammed the door, my finger got caught and I pulled.  There is more to this story, but I'll leave it at this.

2.  i always cut my own hair, even though I have been told not to.  Just can't help it.  But now I have my husband to cut my hair, because before we left for France, Diana my hair-goddess, taught him how to cut my hair, it's pretty easy because it's pretty short, but still.  

3.  i'm left handed.  Well I would say I'm ambidextrous because although I right with my left hand I golf right-handed and swing a bat with my right hand...but now that I'm typing this, that's all I do with my right hand, everything else (throwing a ball, playing pool, using scissors) is with my left.  I like being a lefty.

4. i was born in michigan, but "grew up" in New York City.  Spent almost 3 years there when I was in my mid-twenties.  Lived at 244 Madison Avenue between 38th and 39th  in #11B.  I met some wonderful people there who are still my friends today.  But then I went to Los Angeles for a visit and the sun and beach lured me away, that was almost 20 years ago.  Now here in am in France.

5.  i don't like roquefort cheese or any type of blue cheese for that matter.  I know that's horrible, being in France and so close to Roquefort, but I just don't like the taste.  I have decided that I'll try a little every time it's available to me so maybe that will change while i'm here!

6. i'm a total creature of habit.  I usually eat the same thing for breakfast (croissant and eggs), usually the same thing for lunch (baguette with ham, cheese, butter and tomato), if I'm around the house I'll wear the same thing a couple days in a row, why dirty more clothes.  I'm pretty simple.

So that's a bit about me.  Just a taste.
I would be so interested to some random things about these folks.



6 comments:

Randal Graves said...

#1: ouch, shudder even.

#6: doable, except when it's pushing 90°. The clothes thing, I'm on board with being a creature of habit. :)

Bruce Anderson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
franke said...

thanks! that was a fun little game. i always enjoy learning more about people. i remember you telling me yor pinky story, but i had no idea about the cheeses...oh how i miss cheese. anyway, i too have posted my random things...with challenges.

La Framéricaine said...

OJL, Chérie!

Yesterday was a big day for us so today I gave myself to my version of your game of tag.

It is unlikely that I will do that again but I had fun putting my response together. Now, it remains to be seen if my tagees will be interested!

Cross your fingers! And thank you for thinking of me!

islandgirl4ever2 said...

Merci!! How fun... : )

Barbara said...

Hi Alicia,
Sorry that I missed your meme the first time out; Leesa picked it up for me !
Well, you saw my 6 online and I have already designated another 6.
I enjoyed learning a little more about you.